Access - by McGraw-Hill (AccessMedicine)
1. Click on this link: Access Medicine.
2. Click to "Sign In" at the top of the website and then create a free "MyAccess" profile.
3. Fill in the online form and create a username/password.
4. Download the app at the App Store or Google Play.
5. Enter the username/password that you just created.
To keep your My Access account active, you must sign in every 90 days through the link on the library website.
Clinical Key App
1. Click on this link: Clinical Key. You might need to login with your KCU network username and password if you are off campus or accessing through WiFi.
2. Click the "REGISTER" link in the upper right hand corner of the page and fill out the information. During this process you will create a username/password to be used just for Clinical Key.
3. Remote Access: In order to use the ClinicalKey and ClinicalPharmacology apps on your device, you will have to allow "Remote Access."
4. Next, go to the App store or Google Play and search for the Clinical Key App and download to your device (free).
5. Then choose the "Clinical Key" (not "Clinical Key for Nursing") and enter the username/password that you created during your registration process.
You will need to log-in to ClinicalKey on campus through the library website every 30 days in order to maintain remote access. If you do not, your apps will not open and you will have to repeat the Remote Access steps in order to get access to your app again.
Clinical Pharmacology App
Download Elsevier's Clinical Pharmacology App from the App store or Google Play, and log in by creating an account at the Register link after you access the Clinical Pharmacology database from the library's website. You do not need a CP code, only your network username/password.
If the app is not opening, please go back up to the Remote Access steps above. Once you have allowed remote access, the app will work on your device.
Discover a world of anatomy in spectacular 3D and manipulate the model to create your own in-app content.
4. Choose to install with images or without images. It will take 10-30 minutes to install the initial DynaMed content.
Logging in to your DynaMed account from the library website maintains your remote access for your app. DynaMed will periodically require this.
1. Click on the MedOne Education link at the Databases page. If you're not already logged into the KCU SSO, you'll be prompted to log in with your network username/password (the same credentials you use to log into your campus email).
2. Click on "Sign up for access from home" in the upper right corner of the MedOne homepage, and follow the instructions to register for a personal account.
3. Search for "MedOne" in the iTunes or Google Play store and download it. Log in using the personal account you created.
Registering on a mobile device:
1. On your mobile device, go to the app store and download the uCentral app (or scan the QR code on the attachment below).
2. Connect to KCU's WiFi network.
3. Open the uCentral app and select "Sign In."
4. Select "Set Up an Account."
5. Follow the on-screen instructions. The content will then download directly onto your mobile device. Now you will be able to use the app from anywhere.
Registering on the web:
1. While connected to KCU's network, go to www.unboundmedicine.com/ucentral
2. Click the "Log in" button in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Select the "Register a free account" button on the pop-up screen.
4. Fill in the fields that appear in order to set up your account and click "Continue."
5. You are now ready to log in to your uCentral account with the username and password you chose. You can also download the app, log into the account you just made, and use the app from anywhere.
1. Click on this link: UpToDate website.
2. On or off-campus you will need to enter your network username/password (the same credentials you use to log into your campus email) when prompted.
3. When the resource loads, click on "Login/Register" or if you are using an iPad, the "Log In" button.
4. Now you will need to register for a login with UpToDate. If you have already registered, log in now, but if you are a new user, fill in your information and create a username/password. Then click on the "Submit Registration" link.
5. An email will be sent to you. You can then download the UpToDate app from the App store and login with the username/password that you just created.
It is compatible with iOS, Android, Windows 10 and Windows 8 tablet devices.
The UpToDate iPad app subscription will periodically ask you to show your affiliation with KCU or your subscription will be terminated. To do this you will need to access UpToDate from the Library's website and login using your KCU network username/password at least once every 30 days. If you do not sign in to your UpToDate account for over 30 days, you will need to register again.
1. Open the link to VisualDx.
2. Click on "Get the Mobile App."
3. You will be prompted to create a personal account.
4. After you've created your account, you can download the free VisualDx Mobile app on your mobile device from the iTunes Store or from Google Play
5. Launch the VisualDx app and sign in using your new username and password.
Instructions on creating your personal VisualDx account: