University Hospital opened August 27, 1972. Designed by Robert W. Jackson Associates, built by J. E. Dunn construction company, the 10 story, 426 all private room state-of -the art-facility was the teaching hospital for what was then called the University of Health Sciences. It closed in 1988 and stood vacant for many years until Homkor and developer Jim Wiss spent four years and millions of dollars to redevelop it. Century Towers opened in 2002. Where the emergency and operating rooms once were, are now offices for the Kansas City goverment. Where the hospital's patient rooms were, are now apartments. The complex that once educated medical students now houses them.
All content and elements of this website, including its text and photographs, are protected by United States and international copyright laws. Without the express written consent of Kansas City University this website content or photographs may not be reproduced or reused in any manner. Requests to use content or photographs, or requests for information purposes, may be directed to D'Angelo Library, Kansas City University, 1750 Independence Ave. Kansas City, MO 64106, 816-654-7260, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artist Gabriella Polony-Mountain created the hammered copper front door panels.