Skip to Main Content

KCU D'Angelo Library Historical Archives: Conley Hospital


Conley Hospital opened at 619/621 Garfield on Nov.16, 1936 with 35 beds. By the end of its first week of operation all the beds were filled. It was named after George Conley, DO, MD, who used some of his own money to help fund the building of the hospital. It was the first undergraduate teaching hospital on the campus of an osteopathic college. In May of 1944 it was converted into a maternity hospital with the opening of Osteopathic Hospital at 11th and Harrison. Conley Maternity Hospital closed in 1972 when University Hospital opened.

Dr. Conley and Dean Peach Break Ground

Under Construction

Dedication 1936

Clinical Staff 1936

Conley 1970s

Staff 1940s

Delivery Room


Patient Ward

New Arrival

Copyright KCU

All content and elements of this website, including its text and photographs, are protected by United States and international copyright laws. Without the express written consent of Kansas City University this website content or photographs may not be reproduced or reused in any manner. Requests to use content or photographs, or requests for information purposes, may be directed to D'Angelo Library, Kansas City University, 1750 Independence Ave. Kansas City, MO 64106, 816-654-7260,